Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar,
and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. 
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. 
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, 
for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.’

This was not only my first Thanksgiving as a newly wed to my wonderful husband Chris, but also my first official holiday with his family. (( This was also my very first Thanksgiving away from the ex and his family, being with them had become a tradition over the past ten years. )) A first of many firsts over the next year. A year that I'm looking forward to and so happy to be experiencing! 


Through Chris I have gained four wonderful sisters, two of whom I had the joy of spending Thanksgiving with. I've also gained two sets of parents and a beautiful niece... not to mention all the aunts, uncles and cousins! I feel so very blessed to have been accepted into their lives. Yes, this Thanksgiving was different, just as my life now is different, but I wouldn't have it any other way!! I've never been one to mind small changes, but who would have ever thought that I could make it through and come out closer to the top with all the changes that have been thrown my way in the past six months. 

I cannot imagine my life any other way than it is now. Maybe it's just another example of the adaptability that we as humans have or maybe it's just one our many coping mechanisms. No matter the reason, I know that I am where I'm suppose to be; I know that I am the happiest here, with this man, than I've ever been with anyone else. I know that he shows me the true meaning of love every single day and that I will love him as long as there is breath in my body.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment