Monday, April 11, 2011

Memory Monday #1

Anyone is invited to join in! I've searched and searched for a good Monday Meme for sometime and decided just to start doing this on Mondays. Memories are things that we can never run out of, so it should keep me busy on Mondays, right? Let's hope so. I really need to be making more posts and while I do have a craft entry in mind I'm currently at work and don't have access to the things on my own computer, so this will have to do. Memory Mondays can include stories, pictures, ext and be about any memeory at all that you would like to share.
My very first Memory Moday is about a show I use to love watching as a child. Anyone remember Pinwheel? It aired on Nickelodeon in the late 70s-early 80s. I don't rememeber very much about the episodes themselves, but I do remember the characters and how I use to sit at my little "keyboard" and try to play the opening theme song. lol. It was Canada's version of Sesame Street, and I absolutely loved it as a child.



Among the regular puppet stars were the inseparable Plus and Minus, Luigi O’Brien and his talking vegetables, "Hobo Bugs" Herbert and Lulu (creators of the "Hobo Bug Giggle Dance"), Molly the mole, the Admiral Bird, Silas the Snail, and Ebenezer T. Squint, a large, green puppet.


The show also included several animated shorts from Europe. These skits ranged from obscure favorites, such as "King Rollo" and "Magic Roundabout," to more established classics, like "Paddington Bear" and "Madeline."


The British segment "Simon in the Land of Chalk Drawings" earned its own distinction by becoming the basis for a Mike Myers parody on Saturday Night Live. "Now you know my name is Simon, and the things I draw come true. And the pictures take me, take me, over the garden wall with you," sang the adventurous little boy (though not in a bathtub, as fans of the Myers skit may think). After creating a chalk scene, Simon would indeed climb over the garden wall and find himself immersed in the land he had just drawn. For a few hours, he could enjoy the pleasure of exploring his own imagination.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment