Wednesday, December 8, 2010

There's no guarantees, but I'm not alone

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness For once I'm at peace w/ myself
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long, I'm movin' on....


At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone

I'm cutting my friend's list on facebook. It isn't that I want to hurt anyone's feelings or that I don't care about them anymore, it's just time to let go of my old life. I'm *trying* to cut ties, but it's something that I have to do gradually. I can't keep exposing myself to things/people that are connected to past memories. Maybe in years to come things might be different, but for right now I have to do what's best for me as well as for Chris and I. It's horrible enough that a day doesn't go by that I don't say the ex's name for some reason or another. It absolutely blows. I wish I had memories to talk about that didn't include him. UGH. I can't wait until the majority of my memories are about things that Chris and I have done, ext. 

1 COMMENTS:

  1. It must be terribly difficult! It seems though that you are on an exciting and happy NEW path... I'm certain that you and Chris will make wonderful memories and leave the old ones in the dust! :)

    ReplyDelete